Youth development is the
"...the ongoing growth process in which all youth are engaged in attempting to (1) meet their basic personal and social needs to be safe, feel cared for, be valued, be useful, and be spiritually grounded, and (2) to build skills and competencies that allow them to function and contribute in their daily lives."
Youth development is basically about cutting the crap out of our lives and forging ahead to make things right. Here are a list of crap you need to cut from your life.
1. Surrounding yourself with the wrong people:
I used to be in love with an asshole, until I realized the relationship was only turning me into an asshole myself , so I cut the crap. Being in parasitic relationships does no one any good, same as being friends with envious and jealous people. When the people you surround yourself with don’t give a damn about you but you are till trying to tag along for whatever reason is just complete bulls. Cut the crap!. You would have to bend over backwards for them and yet you would still not be a standard member of the clique, so why waste your time? Life is very short and full of challenges, the best you can do for yourself is to surround yourself with people that can motivate you and you can motivate likewise, people that can gear you on and people that would want to see you succeed. Cut the crap!, There are 7 billion people in the world and the only reason we are split into different races and countries,states and towns is because we can’t all be friends. Cut the crap!
2. Doing activities to keep you from being bored:
Youth development is an ongoing process, it never stops . To get to the level of being able to function and contribute positively to your life and lives of others require work. If you find yourself getting bored everyday, then you know you are not doing anything in your life to attain youth development. If you are acquiring skill, getting education, starting a business or working, you wouldn't be laid back in bed getting bored. Cut the crap!. Those Facebook posts only make you sound stupid. “I’m going to bed now,” “ I am so bored”.WTF? (Welcome to Facebook).
3. Window shopping:Stop buying into the crap that the media houses are selling to you , you don’t need some kind of synchronized mesmerized noise to get you to sleep, after a job well done, sleep comes except you are suffering from insomnia. There are a lot of crap advertised with all sorts of discounts, when you were never going to buy it anyway.When buying anything, you have to ask yourself, what the purpose is? Is it for health reasons, for medical reasons, for hygiene purposes etc . Once you cannot basically say what you are buying something for , apart from to urge to show off, then you need to cut the crap and save that money.
4. Waiting for tomorrow while today wastes:This is the most common mistake of man ,youths particularly. Stop waiting for the economy to improve, it just might never, stop waiting for things to become normal, it is not normal for things to be normal, it’s just the way life is. Moving against the tides is what cultivates strength and growth and subsequently youth development. Getting your mind from the present to that fictitious place in your head where things are perfect and everything works your way, is a waste of useful mind energy, cut the crap. That energy would have been better used in tackling logically, the issues of the present to attain youth development and of course a better future.
RELATED POSTS: YOUTH DEVELOPMENT-YOUR CHOICE , YOUR FUTURE
5. Wasting your time following celebrities:Reality Television is the biggest crap ever invented and it’s not going away anytime soon. It’s a multi billion dollar industry on it’s own all around the world, where amateur talents are either exploited or no talents are made to do what it is they do and for people to spend their lives following this fictitious reality characters is just complete absurd. Seriously you need to cut the crap. You have your life to live and you have to live it now. Those people don't even know you and never well, you would even be embarrassed if you try to act like you know them in the mall. Because they don't know you. Instead make yourself someone people want to see and meet and work with.
Now Cut the CRAP, Resolve Your Problemsand get to youth development.